Re: Synchronizing WAS [Re: [Usability] The ``Replace File'' dialog should display the two]

Joachim,

Looking at your mockup
(http://www.geocities.com/philbull_tk/gnome_dlg_mockup.png), it
occurred to me that it might "usable" to do a 2-pass confirmation.
One of the things that bugs me on MS Windows when copying large
numbers of files is the all-or-each-one collision dialog.  Most times
I want to skip the files where the destination file is newer and
overwrite the older files.  To do this, I have to look at each dialog
as it appears and make a judgement.

Using your mockup, the first pass I select the skips, the dialog then
reappears with the "filtered" collisions, I select all for overwrite.
Newer files in the dest dir could even be selected by default.

Just a thought,

Todd