Re: [Usability] tools on the desktop

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 14:49 -0300, Matthew Thomas wrote:
> On 3 Aug, 2005, at 2:01 PM, Karim Nassar wrote:
> > In my experience with OS X, there is a menu bar "applet" that you can
> > add that behaves just like the screen shots I have seen for 2.12. I
> > will admit that I have only seen it used for CD roms, but I assume it
> > would work for removable media.
>
> That was probably a third-party utility, not part of OS X.

> In OS X, the top right of the menu bar is for showing status (volume,
> connectivity, language, charge, time, date, user), not for things like
> ejecting CDs.

I've been running Ubuntu on my G4 after only a month of using OS X so my
memory could be serving me poorly, but I coulda sworn there was an
option somewhere in system preferences to show an eject button on the
top right.

I will find out. I know someone who has this feature turned on, and he
usually doesn't do third party.

--
Karim Nassar <karim nassar acm org>