[Way OT] Re: [Usability] tools on the desktop

> > I think you're confused here. Especially about VFS, from what I can
> > tell, anyway. No matter though. Making dragging to Trash work is a
> > simple patch. Nautilus obviously already knows that you are dragging
> > volumes to the trash, since it pops up the error dialog.
>
> I believe there are patches for this functionality in Bugzilla and some of
> them may only require a little updating to work with current versions of
> Nautilus, which is why I suggest asking your distribution of choice.

I suggested VFS because people seem to be interested in changing how
mount works. Linux workarounds aside, the only other way I can fathom
(for other platforms) would be a very complicated user space VFS module
that does something similar.

> > Polls for UI functionality are not really useful, especially if it's an
> > internet poll.
>
> Agreed.

> Even suggesting Slashdot sounds like trolling because that is what will
> inevitably happen.  Asking slashdot is a fast way to insult, annoy, and
> alienate the developers.

I didn't mean that seriously at all. I had figured this thread lost most
of it's seriousness about a day and a half ago. I sort of intended to
poll the people here, since this discussion here usually boils down to a
repetitive for and against discussion.

> > Funny. AFAICT, you seem to be the one generating the lengthiest mails
> > that are involved in this current thread. :)
>
> True.
>
> Better to have people complaining here than picking fights with the
> already overworked nautilus developers though.

True, and guilty as charged. But like alan says, It's better things get
ranted about here than to the Nautilus maintainers. To which somoene
will reply: "It's better that people don't rant at all". True, but
unlikely considering human nature.

I am sorry for causing any sort of grief here. But I just can't help but
wonder if these threads would stop re-appearing and sucking up everyones
time if the eject to trash issue was just fixed.

-Jason