From: Dave Yeats <dave yeats ttu edu>
Date: 21 April 2005 18:24:03 IST
To: Calum Benson Sun COM
Subject: Open source and usability...

Mr. Benson,

I'm a PhD student in technical communication at Texas Tech University
working on a dissertation project looking at usability issues in open source software development. (I knew Larry Ewing (currently working on f-spot) when I lived in Austin, and have been interested in open source ever since
we met.)

To the point: I'm working on a pilot version of a survey designed to answer some questions about the usability practices and approaches taken by open source developers. I wonder if you might help me identify a small number
(say, 20) open source developers who might be willing to fill out this
survey.  The data for this pilot test will be used to inform a more
widely-distributed survey that will be distributed in the coming months.

If you can help me get a few respondents, you help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Yeats
Department of English
Texas Tech University
English and Philosophy Building
Office 401
dave yeats ttu edu

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team