Re: [Usability] dragging documents/document windows

Am Dienstag, den 19.04.2005, 09:55 -0700 schrieb Rob Adams:
> On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 18:00 +0200, Christian Neumair wrote:
> > Sometimes I download a document, which is auto-opened in Evince and
> > realize that I want to move it to the trash, because it isn't as
> > interesting as I hoped. Now I have to move it into the trash. This isn't
> > possible, since there is no drag handle. Therefore I have to go to the
> > folder containing the document and move it to the trash using nautilus.
> > I wonder whether adding drag handles is a good idea and how they could
> > be integrated into the GUI.

> There was brief talk about adding something to the WM spec about that,
> so a drag handle could be put onto the WM frame. Bit tricky though,
> especially when you start worrying about remote applications.

It would be nice if you could point a precise URI to the discussion.
I've grepped the wm-spec-list archives but found nothing. I'd volunteer
for implementing it since I think this is pretty important from a
usability point of view :).

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>