Re: [Usability] Global Menu Bars

On Sun, 2005-04-17 at 19:16 -0400, Simon Francis wrote:
> There has been some discussion about global menu bars being integrated
> into GNOME. There is an interesting discussion of it here:
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=10327

That's a very one-sided and opinionated article, which reads like your
average forum posting. Certainly not extremely insightful, mostly
listing what we already know. There are many arguments for and against
global menu bars, and the difficult part is to weight them up against
each other. In any case, I believe that the benefits are valuable enough
to warrant a specification, support for it by some toolkits, and at
least an experimental applet. It might be interesting anyway for
platform integration of Gtk apps on OSX (if that's possible).

--
Daniel Borgmann <daniel borgmann gmail com>