Re: [Usability] UI review of overwrite dialog

Kai Willadsen wrote:
Sorry - you suggested changing "Cancel" to "Stop" because that describes
what S-J does. Why not just make it *actually* cancel the operations?
You say in bug #172544 that this is unrealistic, and I'm wondering why.

Because it would mean writing every file to somewhere else, then moving it to where you want at the end. That's certainly possible, it would just be fragile (for example, if Sound Juicer crashed on the last track, zero tracks would end up where you wanted). And you wouldn't be able to "Cancel" the copy operation anyway.

To state more clearly: I think Sound Juicer should automatically replace
obviously-partial tracks with full tracks without prompting.

Ok, that seems reasonable.

--
Matthew Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/