Re: [Usability] Inlined Evolution 2 feedback

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004, Shaun McCance wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 00:20 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:

> > If the C locale can use a term that works equally well for all English
> > speaking locales I would disctinctly prefer it.

> It should be noted that applications do use American English for the C

> But since we
> already use en_US, it's probably best just to stick with it.

the C locale should definately remain the same as en-US and I fully accept
that.

if a word can be chosen that works for both it makes sense to use it but I
wouldn't take it too far (strictly speaking "colour" is still correct in
en-US but only colour is correct in en-GB, but I wouldn't go that far)

sorry for going all offtopic, this is a translation issue far more than it
is an usuabilty issue and I'm confident the translators do already
consider these kinds of things.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/