Re: [Usability] The new file chooser

Sitat Mike Rhodes <mike rhodes gmail com>:

> > > That plus typeahead (done in latest) to me resolves the two reasons
> > > people ask for entry box.
> >

> > Not good enough. I have serialized filenames. I want to open the "next"
> file
> > sometimes. It is one letter or digit off from the filename of a file i
> > previously pasted. So I want to paste the filename and edit the one
> > letter/digit and then click "open". I can't do that now. Major drawback.
>
> You are using the keyboard here to change the filename, so wouldn't
> the solution mentioned before with "ctrl-l, ctrl-v, change file name,
> hit open" work in this particular case?

No - I am not using the keyboard to change the filename. It is not practical for
me to use the keyboard at times. So I cut/paste the digit and click open. Or I
maneuver with the mouse to a filename, click on it, then select the text in the
filepickers text-widget - in order to copy it and then paste it *somewhere
else*: A form in the browser, the urlbar, a mail, memo... whatever. The text
widget in filepicker is extremely usable and versatile.
Missing it is a whole little disaster - and causes a great handicap. Too great
for me to be able to use it anymore.

R.K.Aa.