Re: [Usability] What's new in HIG 2.0

Calum Benson wrote:
You probably all know by now, but v2.0 of the HIG was released a few
weeks ago, albeit without a great deal of fanfare.

Unfortunately there was no accompanying "what's new that I need to know
about"-type section, so I've quickly hacked one together now that I've
finally had a few minutes:

http://usability.gnome.org/hig/2.0/whatsnew.html

Under "Sortable lists", the arrow direction specified is opposite what Microsoft and Apple do (where an up arrow means ascending, and a down arrow means descending). Why depart from the convention established by the most popular desktop operating systems?

Braden