Re: [Usability] notebook-less dialogs

Dnia 13-09-2004, pon o godzinie 13:51 +0200, Robert Staudinger napisał:
> Figure 3.24. "An example of a dialog" of the GNOME HIG 2.0 (Chapter 3.
> Windows -> Dialogs) suggests that a notebook widget should be used in a
> dialog even if it only has only one page. Am I interpreting that
> correctly?

Not really. The dialog in question can in some circumstances have
additional pages, that's why it uses notebook. But of course you're not
required to have pages, if you don't need them it's even better, because
that means dialog is simpler. I'm assuming we're talking about
preferences dialogs here, right?
Also, as your example shows, selection of tabbed dialog for screenshot
showing an example of general dialog isn't very fortunate, could you
please file a bug in Bugzilla against HIG?

> If no notebooks are required, would you suggest to insert a horizontal
> line right above the standard buttons?

No. See chapter 8., Visual Design, where details of layout are discussed
in detail

Cheers,
Maciej

--