Re: [Usability] splash screen, session tangent

> Taking from the other mockup, I had envisioned something like this:
> http://www.gnome.org/~clarkbw/stuff/session/splash-mockup-2.png
>
> > sorry to be so discouraging, managing sesssions certainly has room for
> > improvement I just dont happen to think this is the way to do it.
>
> I'm not sure that you were discouraging, but I appreciate the comments.

A few ideas from the top of my head...
How about session is never saved when you log out.
Instead we provide a simple method (a capplet thingy perhaps?) to
create named sessions
Which are provided to the user in GDM to select from as well as a blank.

Or  we always save session
but then in GDM we provide the option to choose between a blank session
(where only the default applications that create the desktop are
started as well as any extra apps the admin has set up)
and the last running session?

That way there's no frantic clicking of images in the splash screen,
and the user gets to have the choice.

iain