Re: [Usability] (no subject)

> > >that the window lost focus and somehow flattens the window content.
> > >Buttons would loose much of its shadows, coloring would be reduced
and
> > >so forth.
> > >
> > >Note that this could work together with translucency.
> >
> > "dulling" the application is another option that would work just as
well
> > as translucency, i think. it would probably work better, actually.
>
> Dulling out and flattening widgets in the app would be pretty neat,
but
> you probably wouldn't want to dull out the entire contents of the
> window.  A similar idea came up at the gnome summit (I wonder if there
> are any notes from that discussion floating around).  The idea was to
> show out-of-focus windows in grayscale.  However, mucking with the
> contents of a document-centric window where color matters (gimp
windows
> for example) is probably not a good idea.  But 'dulling' widgets in an
> application would probably work pretty well.

With ol' style psaudocolor visuals that could be pretty easy.
But I would guess that translucency and/or color adjustment would be
piece of cake with almost all graphics card today.
Anyhow, dulling the user interface by flattening shadows should *not*
change sizes on any widgets. I think that should be obvious. ;)

John