[Usability] Re: Move to Workspace (Right | Left) Proposal

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:12:00 -0500, Britt Selvitelle <britt muchobs com> wrote:
> I'd like to discuss the removal of "Move to Workspace Right/Left" from
> the right click context menu for windows. The HIG specifies that context
> menus should be kept as simple as possible [1].

Sounds sane to me...

See also bug 139737  (use icons for move to workspace left/right in
popup menu), and bug 151183  ("move to another workspace" submenu
useless when only have 2 workspaces) which aren't quite the same but
would be fixed simultaneously by your proposal.

Personally, I like your idea combined with the proposal in bug 145281
( move to workspace submenu should contain workspace previews)