Re: [Usability] The New File Selector

I know that I'm jumping in here at a very late point, Ryan, but -- was
the new design tested on any users using formal usability testing
methods? If so, is the data from these tests availble?

I'm not suggesting that usability testing is a panacea which would
magically clear up any usability problems with the new ui, but it would
most definitely provide a set of data detailing exactly how and why
people are confused. (Which would in turn aid in answering Gabor's
question below as to how it is decided that a UI is broken.)

regards,
Anna