Re: [Usability] Dynamic Workspaces

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 16:41, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Julien Olivier wrote:
>
> > I like your proposal but just wonders: why not simply use tabs instead
> > of workspaces ?
>
> Is a workspace (metaphorically) equivalent to a tabbed notebook?

one could think so, but still, I think, that tabs take up too much
space.. rather have a right click menu on the desktops or a closebutton
showing up, when hovering them for a while...

> > That would be consistant with Epiphany/Mozilla's behaviour.
>
> The only reason Epiphany uses tabs is that something better utilizing SDI
> hasn't come along yet. Tabs are not good, they are a (sometimes) necessary
> evil.

Disagreed! Tabs are good, I like them, so they are good :)
I never understood, why people dislike tabs.

Take care

David