Re: [Usability] printing...

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, gabor wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:19:22 +0100
> From: gabor <gabor z10n net>
> To: Usability <Usability gnome org>
> Subject: [Usability] printing...
>
> hi,
>
> before i begin to write about possible improvements the gnome printing
> system, i'd like to know what are the current plans.
>
> i have approx. gnome-2.5.5 here.
>
> 1.
> is there a plan to create a standard gnome print dialog?
>
> is it the one used in gedit&gpdf now?
>
> that means epiphany , ggv and so on will eventually switch to it?
>
> 2.
> is there a plan to create a printer-manager/configurator something, like
> there is in kde? i mean a program which helps you to add a printer to
> your system. i tried gnome-cups-manager, but it was..hmmm... not enough.

I hate to see a question go unanswered.

As Jody Goldberg (Gnumeric maintainer) is also Gnome-Print maintainer I
asked on irc.gnome.org#gnumeric and Morten Welinder (gmorten) was kind
enough to say that yes there was a standard Gnome-Print-UI (which is what
I thought but I had to check to be sure),
see:
cvs module libgnomeprintui

and yes it is the dialog as see in Gedit.

Sincere thanks to gmorten and all the helpful friendly people on
irc.gnome.org

--
Alan Horkan