Re: [Usability] Re: Keyboard layout preview in gnome-control-center

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 17:13:16 +0100, Sergey V. Udaltsov
<sergey_udaltsov pochta ru> wrote:
>  > I think the picture of the keyboard should be where it is.  The
>  > rendering needs a facelift, but I think it's in the right position.
>  > Endless popups are just annoying.
>
> Well, for me extra window is annoying, true. But usability-wise showing
> and updating the popup on the tab 5 while the controls are on the tabs 2
> and 3 - sounds really ugly (for example, it is not obvious at all that
> options on the tab 3 affect the layout as well as option on the tab 2).
>   It is some kind of "driving blind". In the ideal world, person should
> be able look at the resulting layout at the same time as he/she changes
> the configuration.

What about a GtkExpander that contains the preview image positioned
vertically in between the notebook and the bottom buttons?   The
dialog's height could grow and shrink as necessary.

> Sergey

Sam