Re: [Usability] Keyboard layout preview in gnome-control-center

Hi Sergey ~

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 02:02 +0100, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> Yesterday I merged the branch which adds one extra tab to the keyboard
> preferences. The tab is "Layout preview". I realize that current
> solution is far from perfect usability-wise - it is there just to
> display the existence of such functionality. The rendering is somewhat
> ugly - but the main issue is that I do not have clear vision WHERE and
> HOW to display the preview. Should it be just separate window existing
> aside with the preferences window? Should it be modal popup dialog? Any
> comments/ideas are very welcome.

A new tab is probably not the way to go for this.  Perhaps we can first
construct a storyboard for how this system is used and who it is used
by.  Then we can try to model the best interaction after that.

> The screenshots can be found here:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/~xklavier/gcckbpv.png
> http://www.freedesktop.org/~xklavier/gcckbpv2.png

This is auto-generated rendering of the keyboard layout?  A little tough
on the eyes, but pretty cool stuff. ;-)

Cheers,
~ Bryan