Re: [Usability] Suggestion for the actual UI of GTK+'s New FileSelector

Paul Thompson wrote:
Rodney Dawes wrote:

The "List View" option also seems extraneous. Is there any reason to
have the file selector present any view other than a list?

God yes. When I am selecting an image file from ANY application, I often want some sort of thumbnail view for finding the right image amongst my digital camera photos.

I've needed this in the past couple of days, in fact. :)

On atleast one OS, you can copy/cut/delete/rename files by
right-clicking them which is quite useful. The thing i hate
the most is file dialogs that don't retain the last directory
that was accessed.