[Usability] GNOME Localization and Usability

Hello all, and happy new year!

In the period that I've now been participating in the GNOME Translation
and Usability projects, I've encountered quite a few issues in the
translation process that, I'm convinced, impact usability in a negative
way. Thinking about the causes and possible improvements that could be
made, I've written an essay about it.[1] You can find it on this URL:

http://www.cs.vu.nl/~reinout/pdf/GNOME_localization_and_usability.pdf

Hopefully my suggestions can help in further structuring GNOME development
such that the l10n process is less prone to errors. I'm open to
constructive criticism and additions!

[1] Finished not quite incidentally just in time for the deadline of my
Human-Computer Interaction assignment ;-D

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778