[Usability] Creating documents inside a folder

Hello,

in my last attempt to discuss this issue, I feel that I probably wasn't
very clear which led to misunderstandings. So I decided to write a
little text with descriptive pictures to show you what I mean:
http://liebesgedichte.net/GNOME/CreateDocument/

While something like this might be impossible to get right for 2.6 now,
maybe an intermediate solution would be to use some kind of default
mimetype for "empty" files without a file extension, so users could at
least ascociate applications to them and edit them. Or maybe they should
be just treated as text documents? Please take a look at the link and
tell me what you think about it.

Daniel