Re: [Usability] Locating the mouse pointer when it is on the bottom of the screen?

Christopher Orr wrote:
Hi all,

Not entirely related to this discussion, but this demo from the
University of Maryland's HCI Lab may be of some interest:
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~bederson/livecursor/

Ugh. I'm sorry, but I found it that much *harder* to target small objects (the resize handles on the boxes).

It was very distracting to have what would normally appear to be a straight movement appear as an arc motion. That is: having moved downward, the mouse was upside-down. Trying to move straight left or right came off as an exaggerated arc motion because the top of the arrow (now the tail) arced as the arrow rotated to stay true to my line of motion.

It's an interesting test, but I'm not convinced that it's ready for everyday use.

- John