Re: [Usability] Locating the mouse pointer when it is on the bottom of the screen?

John Spray wrote:
On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 23:12 +0100, Maurizio Colucci wrote:

The problem is that the bottom panel is not as easy to use as the topmost one because, if I move the mouse to the bottom of the screen, to the very last pixel, I don't see the mouse pointer anymore! It is difficult to understand where I am pointing.

In the case of the window list applet, the button that the pointer is
over is highlighted.  Thus, when you move the mouse around along the
bottom of the screen you see the highlight change.

Yes, you know the button you are pointing at, but not your exact position. So you don't know how much you have to move in order to reach the correct button. You must move very slowly, until you see the highlight change. This is not ideal IMHO.

Also, on my (ubuntu) system I can still see a few pixels of the mouse
pointer when it's at the bottom of the screen.  Perhaps you need to
adjust your monitor?

I can't, it's a LCD which adjusts automatically. I only see one pixel, which is not enough.

---
Regards,
Maurizio Colucci
http://onefinger.sf.net