Re: [Usability] Re: Nautilus Sendto -- opportunities for generalisation

Edd,
I agree with you... but even the idea of a very long context menu is not
so amazing... and it would happen if all the developers would start
using nautilus context menu...
Perhaps I'm wrong but... is it possible to let the user choose in
specific application preferences whether to put or not usefull items in
nautilus context-menu? It would solve both the opinions! For example I
would use a "Send to Blutooth device" and *surelly* an Evolution "send
via e-mail", but I don't care about F-Spot... another user could have
different choices so it would use the Preferences dialog of the specific
application to avoid it to put any item in the context menu.

Would it be a good HIG? for example: "If an application want to put
something in a file-manager context menu (ex. Nautilus, gmc), then it
has to ask the user before attempting to do so".