Re: [Usability] HIG has severe "MS Windows" flaws.

> The Maximize/fullscreen modes used by Inkscape and Epiphany do not take
> advantage of Fitts law.  I'm sure the problem is because the menus and
> toolbars assume they are within a window and need a few pixels of space
> to pad them from the other widgets.  It would be nice to have scenario
> work, but I imagine it would be award to change the widget rules based
> on the context of the window they are displayed in.

This issue has been known for years ever since people started adding
'Fullscreen' to gnome applications.  There are issues in GTK as well as
issues in Glade.  Many of us are well aware of Fitts Law.

I can only assure you that there are relevant bug reports somewhere in
bugzilla and wish you good luck finding them and convincing some one to
finally fix them.  The hardest part is not indentifying problems but
convincing someone to fix them, so it is essential to be as polite as
possible and do your best to encourage people to fix the problems.  I will
try and help find the relevant bug reports myself if I can spare the time.

I do not see how the usability problems you describe relate specifically
to the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines, nor do I understand how they can
reasonably be described as "severe
"MS Windows" flaws."

Please try to choose your words carefully.

- Alan H.