Re: [Usability] questions for the UI gurus

On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 00:05 -0500, Jonathan Rockway wrote:

> I think the best text would be:
>
> ***
> [bold]Your battery is running low.
> You have xy minutes of use remaining.  To avoid losing work, please
> charge your battery.
> ***
>
> The bold is to comply with the HIG.
>
> Also, to me, "Please charge your battery to avoid losing work" sounds
> like the program is going to maliciously delete your work if you don't
> charge it.  Reversing the sentence removes this connotation (in my
> opinion).

Thanks for your opinions guys. All this feedback has prompted me to
overhaul the entire set of strings (the translation team are going to
hate me).

The patch for this is in Bugzilla:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=30127&action=edit

I'm not quite sure if this is what Seth had in mind, but I'm taking a
stab at it.

--d

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA