[Usability] What about USABILITY?

Ok, Ok,

I'm trying to calm down... The new file selector is somewhat CRAPPY!
See I need a location bar, I need it very badly! And yes, there is one,
but by pressing crtl+l which isn't nice, but fine. But how the heck can
I move up a folder? like in a normal location bar it would be ".."+tab
to move up a folder, but this doesn't work. So I figured, "Hey, maybe I
might just click on the buttons above the files, to go to the filesystem
directory of click a the "home" bookmark. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK! As long
as the location dialog is open, I can't do ANYTHING in the open dialog.
Now this sucks.

Cheers

David