[Usability] Single click directory navigation?

Has the idea of single click directory navigation (click once on a directory to enter it) ever been considered for the FOSA dialog? This is used in Deluxe Paint and GQView for example and I like it very much. (I'm lazy and clicking once is half the job of click twice, right?)

The only drawback I can think of in inconsistency with how lists usually work. You can not have a directory in the list selected, but that isn't useful anyway. And double clicking will still function the same.