Re: [Usability] An Attempt at tasks for the FOSD

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 18:58, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> [1] I'm not sure the FAT extension determines type, but I've never found a
>     way to get Windows or any program on it to properly recognize a file
>     without changing the extension. Stupid Windows.

Nah. The extension doesn't determine type really. It's just that windows
doesn't really have a MIME system, and so it determines the type from
the filename extension. Even so, a lot of the stuff on unix (in
particular with the GUI environments), still does stuff based on file
extensions.

-- dobey