[Usability] Re: Another file selector dialogs proposal

Hi,

Really, someone needs to do the task analysis! There's no way to compare
these proposals right now.

If you have tasks split into frequent by many/etc. you can analyze each
proposal in terms of whether frequent by many is visible/few-clicks,
etc. At least it's some sort of methodology, gives a sanity check if not
a substitute for design taste.
See Isaacs and Walendowski book.

Havoc