Re: [Usability] FOSA ideas

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 09:31, Eli M. Dow wrote:

> The back and up icons have been added in an attempt to make the file
> selector feel very similar to nautilus. Other widgets can achieve the
> same navigational effects, but I think they are the right solution in
> this set of mock-ups.

These are definitely needed, I think (back is useful, and "up" should
*never* be the .. directory entry), but not at all in the right location
- i didn't even notice them at first when looknig for them.  They should
be buttons in their own right, not "fake" tree/table headers - something
like remix3, but cleaned up a little.

Make those in the style of a toolbar, and move Refresh (not needed on
local file systems w/ FAM, but would be useful on DAV/FTP/etc.) into the
toolbar as well, since those aren't "locations."

Also, where in your mockup would you recommend preview widget and
"extra" widgets?  On the right-hand side?  (Preview on right, extra
widgets below preview?)

(Sorry I cant' visually describe the changes I mention, but I have the
artist skill of a dead monkey on a stick, and I've been rather
unsuccessful at figuring out the mess of a UI we call 'Glade'...)
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.