[Usability] an open source usability community

Hi,

I am emailing the Gnome usability list to get a feel for your thoughts
on a website I am thinking about creating. Not to drive traffic, or
anything of that nature, just to get input on the idea.

The website will be a place for the open source community to gather and
exchange ideas on usability and user interface in open source software.
The idea is to improve the usability of open source software, and to
explore new methods of the human-computer interaction through open
source software.

I come here because I know there is a wealth of experience here, and I
have a strong appreciation for what the Gnome crew has done.
There are a lot of smart people with a lot of great ideas on this
subject, and I would like to create a place for them to gather and
exchange ideas. I would also like to create a place where open source
developers can go to get ideas and feedback on user interface.

Among the things I plan to offer are news, articles, forums, chat,
project reviews, and resources.

This is not a Human Interface Guide, or meant to replace one, though
there will most likely be links to at least the Gnome HIG.

Any ideas or support I can get on this would be great. If you don't
think I should do this, or think there is no need for this let me know
as well.

Thank you!
- Joe Monti

--