Re: [Usability] Rational for icons in button

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 21:48, Ronny V. Vindenes wrote:

> IMHO, using "ok" is not at all acceptable, it's almost always used in a
> context where "yes", "close" or a descriptive term (like "save" etc)
> should be used instead.

It's true that there is usually a better label than "OK", but
occasionally it's the best choice.  Particularly in explicit-apply
dialogs where you might be changing a bunch of settings that don't all
have the same action associated with them (e.g. you might be
"selecting", "changing", "adding" or "deleting" things all in the same
dialog).  We could invent a new label like "Accept" or "Save" for those
situations, but "OK" is long-established and more familiar to most
users.

"Yes" should certainly never be used though :)

Cheeri,
Calum.