RE: [Usability] Re: [Conglomerate-devel] Undo/Redo questions

> From: Dan Zlotnikov
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 16:27, Adam Olsen wrote:
> > > Undo/Redo should be oblivious to the clipboard.  It should neither
> > > modify what's in the clipboard, nor attempt to use what's
> in there to
> > > restore it's state.
> >
> > I agree. I often copy, undo, and paste somewhere else instead.
>
> I am somewhat confused. If you copy something, which shouldn't change
> the state of the object you copie, what are you undoing?

Often the writing of the thing that I copied.

A very simplifed example:
1. Write a sentence.
2. Copy the sentence.
3. Undo the writing of the sentence.
4. Paste it in a better place.

Obviously a cut-and-paste would be more direct in this simple example, but I
think there are some situations where this is easier.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com