Re: [Usability] Icon anywhere on the desktop

this is to the wrong list.  send user questions to
gnome-list gnome org   this list is for discussing the usability design
and implementation details of the desktop, not Q&A.

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 21:59, Andrew Tham wrote:

> Question is: Can the windows be minimized into icons on to the desktop
> (instead of only into the desktop bar) that I can move around and
> group them ?
>
> Please give detail steps/instructions on how to do it.

If you have multiple workspaces on (add the workspace applet, configure
the number of workspaces from it) you can group windows onto the
workspaces, and switch between those.  amazingly efficient and
convenient.

> Thank you very much,
>
> Andrew.
>
> AndrewTham8 yahoo com