RE: [Usability] Re: display full path in spatial nautilus

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 15:28, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> >  I do have folders with identical names ...
>
> Spatial nautilus helps here a little bit. One folder will always open on the
> right, and one will always open the left, or wherever you put them. That
> gives you some more clue about which is which.
>
> Also, when both folders are open in Nautilus, maybe it could show the parent
> folder in the name, or just enough to distinguish them. After all, Nautilus
> knows what windows are open.

Emacs has a nice solution to this with it's uniquify-buffer-style:

If non-nil, buffer names are uniquified with parts of directory name.
The value determines the buffer name style and is one of `forward',
`reverse', `post-forward', or `post-forward-angle-brackets'.
For example, files `/foo/bar/mumble/name' and `/baz/quux/mumble/name'
would have the following buffer names in the various styles:
  forward        bar/mumble/name  quux/mumble/name
  reverse        name\mumble\bar  name\mumble\quux
  post-forward   name|bar/mumble  name|quux/mumble
  post-forward-angle-brackets   name<bar/mumble>  name<quux/mumble>
  nil            name  name<2>

--
Ronny V. Vindenes <s864 ii uib no>