Re: [Usability] Re: UI debugging with grep

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 11:09:29AM +0200, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> I don't think the [OK] is the problem with those dialogs.
>
> But for bad news in general, can anyone suggest a better general
> alternative? I think [Close] would feel a bit too much like [Cancel] and
> might give false hope.

Maybe a silly idea, but what about something like 'Thanks for the info'?
It's too long, and it's strange to thank a computer, but it should translate
easily, doesn't give the user any false expectations that anything is going
to happen when clicking the button, and it's the only button in an alert box
anyhow, so length isn't so much of a problem.

Ernst