Re: [Usability]Keeping the Quit menu item

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 19:21, Dave Bordoley wrote:

> P.S. I must admit, I'm somewhat surprised that the galeon devs removed
> quit :)

FWIW, some anecdotal evidence from one of the other usability guys here:

"I'd tell them how during the design of OpenDoc (11 years ago!) we had
exactly these discussions. We decided to remove Quit AND WE WERE WRONG!
Because despite all the logical reasons we had, users were used to
having a Quit. And, they had developed work habits that depended on it.
Removing Quit, like renaming the File menu to "Document" were two of the
dumbest mistakes we made. Gnome shouldn't make the same."

Cheeri,
Calum.