[Usability]Re: Notification Area guidelines

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

* Single-click to bring up the "more information" dialog.

I haven't followed the discussion here too closely, but on the issue of single vs. double click it may be worthwhile talking to nils about how the notification area fits into the general gnome user object model that he is working on. In particular , i would expect that he would recommend using the same clicking behavior everywhere on the desktop (including in the file manager). I don't have a real firm opinion on which is better (I waffle between the two on a daily basis), but consistency is going to be important if we hope to create an easy to use environment in the long term.

dave