Re: [Usability]A Tale of a Toolbar editor

I've not had a chance to play with Epi b/c it only seems to build
against Moz CVS and I don't really want to play with Moz' CVS. But that
toolbar editor (assuming a11y being satisfied) looks kickass.

Generally I'm in favor of the GNOME default as the default (isn't that
why we call it a default? :-D ) and having the option to change it. In
some applications I like the text hints there (e.g. gedit - I can never
really tell cut from paste from copy without stopping to think, and the
find/replace icons aren't exactly intuitive) but in others I don't (e.g.
web browser - now the most intuitive interface since the nipple). I
don't want to go to pref overload, but your overloading of toolbars PNG
demonstrated what could easily go awry with labels. If you want an
example out in the field, check out the Screem web editor; by default it
has I think six toolbars on.

I'm not really familiar with the codebase, but what I think would be the
best way to implement this would perhaps be a context menu on the handle
of the toolbar. Right-click (or your favorite kb shortcut) on it would
bring up a simple context menu where you can select Icons only, Icons
and Text, Text Only, or GNOME Default. It ensures that the developer
need not do much to add toolbar configurability, it allows you to select
these options toolbar by toolbar, and it puts configuration options on
the object itself.

Just my $0.02... *dons flame retardant clothing in anticipation of