[Usability]MIME type handling system requirements aproach

I noticed that one of the items on Havoc's 2.4 wishlist was a good mime
handling system; I also noticed the note, "what happens when one double
clicks a file". I hope that we don't limit ourselves to that.

We should aproach this from a requirements perspective - what does a
user want to do with a file, and how can we accomodate the user? How
does that accomodation depend on a mime handling system and, stemming
from that, how does the mime handling system need to work?

Without this kind of process, how will the solution be usable?

PS: Is this the right spot to bring this up? Since GNOME is a human
computer interface, I would expect the usability team to direct the
usability and hence the design of the desktop.

Thanks,
Mat.