RE: [Usability] Re: [Fwd: Re: Your final comments on gswitchit in 2.4...]

> > That sounds like the simplest solution - just remove flags
> completely and
> > use the layout ID.
> Yes. But EVERYONE who advises me this should keep in mind - this will
> work ONLY in XFree 4.3.0+. All other servers/earlier versions will be
> broken. SGI invented great XKB protocol. But the configuration system
> they submitted for it HEAVILY SUCKS (and only XFree 4.3.0
> straighten it
> a bit - though not without bugs - already fixed in 4.3.0.99 or
> something)

I don't understand this. Why does an older version of XFree force us to show
pictures of flags on the panel instead of some text?

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com
Remember to use the "Reply To All" feature with mailing lists.