Re: [Usability] What happened to Undo?

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 18:21, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 12:37:08PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 11:31:21AM -0500, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> > > Once upon a time GNOME was supposed to change to instant-apply control
> > > panels with the forgiving feature Undo and possibly a way to restore
> > > system defaults.
> > >
> > > What happened?

Not a lot... the relevant bugs are still open, and I don't recall any
clear agreement on whether we should have Undo (last micro-change),
Revert (which is to Cancel as Apply is to OK), or (Reset to) Defaults.
I think the majority vote was for Undo, though, even though it has more
potential to leave settings in an unstable state than the other two, so
I'm prepared to accept defeat on that one :)

Cheeri,
Calum.