[Usability] Re: Proposal for a new default Gnome GUI

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 14:42, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 03:11:47AM -0700, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:
> > For your consideration.... Sure, it still needs work, I know... ;-)
> > http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=3725
> > And it will require extra toolkit support...
> >

> It's a nice theme (http://img.osnews.com/img/3721/test2.png)
>
> The Z-menus go beyond hard to implement to virtually impossible, so
> don't get your hopes up on that aspect of it. ;-) You have to use a
> shaped window which is inherently slow and flickery. Cheer Keith
> Packard and others on to implementing real transparency.
>
> I would start by getting it implemented (start with a good engine
> sourcebase like the Wonderland/Bluecurve engine rather than some of
> the hackier ones out there). Then it can go in gnome-themes at least.

Just as an aside, I thought we had a policy not to distribute
wonderland?

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-June/msg00044.html

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"We made GNOME-VFS support smb: and nfs: URIs. And we made OOo support GNOME-VFS.
Booyakasha!" -- nat