Re: Auto save [Re: [Usability] [RFC] Proposed AbiWord preferences dialog mockup]

Hi Alan,

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Alan Horkan wrote:

> > Impacts performance? What, are we still using 360K floppies for saving our
> > documents?
>
> There is no need to be rude.

I didn't intend to be. Should have used a :-)

> use unless you really want me to.  Developers and designers invariably
> have better hardware.

As someone else noticed, it's hard to imagine why a once-in-five-minutes
autosave (in the background) would hamper performance.

> It is currently an inappropriate default for Abiword.
> I can go into more detail why if necessary (offlist).

I'll meet you on #usability soon?

> > http://mpt.phrasewise.com/2002/03/11#a146
>
> There is no need to patronise me either.  I have read about auto-save, I
> understand it is a nice idea and it's time will come.  Probably.

Alan, remind me to buy you a beer at GU4DEC. :-)

bye,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778