Re: [Usability] Showing vs. Displaying

Greg ponders:

http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/gnome-glossary-user-actions.htm
> It does not define "show", but it uses it.

Greg,

Your question about display vs show is valid. I'll discuss this question with my
documentation colleagues, and see if we need to put in any more information into
the GDSG.

As a quick answer: if terms are satisfactorily defined in the American Heritage
Dictionary in a way that is the same as we use the term in the GNOME Desktop,
then we do not as a rule define the term in the GDSG. Generally, we only include
a term in the GDSG if the term is not included in the AHD, or if our usage
differs from the usage defined in the AHD.

Pat