[Usability] Re: Killing Views Part 2 - The return of the Usabilty study

Il lun, 2003-06-02 alle 13:01, Mark Finlay ha scritto:
> > There are many opinions on this. Some people like it, some don't. I
> > personally like viewers for filetypes that are predominantly consumed,
> > as opposed to created/edited. This means things like html, images, text,
> > pdf documents, etc. However, some people like to open an editor to read
> > READMEs. That should of course be possible for the user to configure,
> > and it is (although the UI for this sucks ass).
>
> " "Every application should do one thing and do it well" - we already
> have file viewers for a lot of different file types. Would it not be a
> lot better to have the "universal preview" app that functions really
> well as a file previewer and and a file manager that functions really
> well as a file manager? I think that there are a lot of features that we
> could have in a universal viewer app that we will never have in
> nautilus. UI that is specific to it's task makes a lot more sense to me.
> It would allow us to

:-) I agree. A file manager is a _file_ _manager_.

BTW viewers in nautilus make stuff appearing/disappearing (e.g. buttons
in toolbar when you use PS/PDF internal viewer, or items in menus!!!)
and it's not very HIG, isn't it?

--
Think bigger

			My uncle