Re: [Usability] CDDB Properties Dialog

now, as I sit here and read this back, I'm thinking that this won't be a
case that is very often, and the results are not disastrous if it does
occur.  So I guess the question I'm posting is:

Well if you stick with the current explicit apply type dialog, it would be better to have [apply][cancel][ok] where selecting cancel undoes any changes may (this is how i recall the hig recommendation, the button should most definately not be close in this case and for some reason i feel that apply in this case ought to really be "try", but i need to consult with calum and greg on that).
Is a rare and non-destructive bug worth removing another 'Apply' button?

In general I say instant apply is better pretty much always (in fact the only real problem with the current implementation is the lack of undo in our spec). That said this dialog seems to be overuse the computer jargon quite a bit and doesn't use HIG frame style etc. Also, would it make any sense to merge this capplet with the network proxy one? Could call it "Network" or something. Seems kind of odd to have a whole capplet dedicated to setting up a CD database. Of course in all honesty how many users are going to touch this thing anyway.
dave