Re: [Usability] Disable Tooltips, what is that about?

Il gio, 2003-07-24 alle 21:04, Alan Horkan ha scritto:
> Users seem to find Tooltips annoying.  I did a straw poll and actually got
> some sane answers (and whole lot of unhelpful "tooltips bad!" answers), in
> an attempt to figure out what exactly about them was annoying.

  The only place where tooltips are annoying me is on menus,
particularly GNOME's applications menu, because they are completely
obscuring the item next to the one I'm pointing at.

  I've never felt the need to disable them in applications. The delay
allows me to use apps without being distracted. Occasionally the pointer
would stop over an active item when I'm working elsewhere and a tooltip
appears so they probably should disappear after some time (a couple of
seconds I'd say).

--
Michele Campeotto - micampe micampe it

"Seem al muund in duu e voen me sta soi ball"
  -- Caino a Abele